DM7025, GP3, FlashExpander installation

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • i have formated the CF card in telnet with EXT3, and the box can see the card after a reboot, i have installes the flashexpander in internal flash ( DB flash ) .
    Then reboot, then go to plugin, start the flashexpander so that it uses the CF card for flash memory, but here is the problem it comes with a failure when i try to start the flashexpander.
    I use ICVS 240311 GP3 version on DM7025
    CF = 4 GB Kingston card

what do i do wrong?????????

• Zitat

Original von mads
    i have formated the CF card in telnet with EXT3, and the box can see the card after a reboot, i have installes the flashexpander in internal flash ( DB flash ) .
    Then reboot, then go to plugin, start the flashexpander so that it uses the CF card for flash memory, but here is the problem it comes with a failure when i try to start the flashexpander.
    I use ICVS 240311 GP3 version on DM7025
    CF = 4 GB Kingston card

what do i do wrong?????????

What failure do you mean?

• First you have to umount the cf-card and then initialize it.

init 4

umount /dev/hdb1

mkfs.ext3 -L cf /dev/hdb1

mount /dev/hdb1

init 3

Now you can install flashexpander (i hope ;))

• this i have done

in telnet via DCC

mount

umount /media/cf

wait 30 sec

mkfs.ext3 /dev/hdc1

and then it you say i have to mount it again or??

like this

mount /dev/hdc1

what do int 4 and int3 mean is this commands in telnet also?

Many thanks fore help, you seems to a nice guy

• init 4 = stops enigma2

init 3 = starts enigma2

:winking_face:

It is saver to stop enigma2, then the chance no one use the cf-card is higher :winking_face:

Edit :winking_face:

• this i have done after you

in telnet via DCC

mount

umount /media/cf

wait 30 sec

mkfs.ext3 -L cf /dev/hdc1

mount /dev/hdc1 ( or is it this ? mount /media/cf )

init 3

i will try to put ICVS again and start over

thx

• maybe i must use the older flashexpander version, my DM7025 is not a new one its 3 years old!!!!!!!!

• i think it works now, i just did this after reboot and format the cf card

umount /media/cf

and then went to install the flashexpander on cf card, and BINGOO

so now are the BIG question, can i always make a dreamup, to the box even if the CF card is removed from box???

• what do you mean with make a Dreamup ?

You can always flash it with DreamUP even when the Cf is not present, but if you do software upgrades when bootet from the Cf it can happen that the box doesn't boot without Cf anymore as not all parts of the image are on the CF (only /usr), which could mean that you endup with an inconstitent Flashimage.

Freeze or Dumbo Plugin would not have this Problem, but they have others as I was told :winking_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• i mean can i always put a new icvs image via dreamup to til box, even if the card is not present??

• couldt you specifi that a littel?
    i put a new image to the box via dreamup
    then format the CF card, format via telnet EXT3, put the cf card in box, turn box on and install flashexpander again, and install GP3, and the other normally settings there have to be done.
    is this ok?

• The settings you can save with the gp3settingsmanager. After new flash you only have
    to install the flashexpander and then start the gp3settingsmanager and this plugin will
    install all your plugins automatically.

• ok, this is a plugin there already eksist in GP3, or will have to download it via plugins or BP, addons, plugins?

• This plugin you must once install via blupanel. When you save your settings (bouquets etc.)
    then the plugin is saved too. After new flash you will be ask if you want to copy your settings
    to the image. If you say yes, all settings will be restored. Then you can install flashexpander.
    At last you can start the plugin gp3settingsmanger (menue - settings) and all will be fine.

• ok sounds easy, i now about backup and restore on the DM 800, super nice.
    But not sure about the DM7025, i what to start from the start again with box so no use of the backup at the moment but aftewards i will :))
    because i want to have a CLEAN box, free from wrong things that have tested, and alot of tests
    From the start:

step 1
    image in flash with dreamup.
    step 2
    CF card format to FAT32 and the to EXT3 with telnet mm.
    step 3
    Flashexpander install in internal flash, then go to plugin and let the flashexpander use CF card
    step 4
    then install GP3 and make al settings afterwards

step 2 , can i skip these and just let the card be in the box at the same time i sent new image to the box, and just install flashexpander again in the internal flash?